The Forum

Impossible to import ADCPi Libraries

2195 Views - Created 08/12/2017

08/12/2017

Posted by:
Daniel Ognard

Daniel Ognard Avatar

Dear Support,

Happy to have purchased and received our ADC Pi Plus, I am working on the software side in order to log datas in ASCII files.

I installed Python and the ABElectronics without issue but when I want to import the ADCPi class from the ADCPi.py librarie, the following message appears: "from: can't read /var/mail/ADCPi"

Then, as the commands are unknown, it's impossible to call ADCPi(,,) function or any other function (read_voltage).

What is a bit strange is that I can run the ADCPi.py but then when I try to run the demo_readvoltage.py script the first message appearing mentions that it can't import the librarie ADCPi..

Could I have your help on this subject?

Thank you by advance,

Have a profitable day,

Daniel Ognard

08/12/2017

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hello Daniel

It looks like for some reason the ADC Pi library has not been installed correctly on your computer. You should be able to get your software working by copying the ADCPi.py file into the same folder as the script you are trying to run. Adding from ADCPi import ADCPi to the top of your code should allow it to import the library from the same folder.

08/12/2017

Posted by:
Daniel Ognard

Daniel Ognard Avatar

08/12/2017

Posted by:
Daniel Ognard

Daniel Ognard Avatar

Hello,

Thank you for helping. The aquisition is properly working now.

Thank for your kind support,

Regards

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.