Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

4898 Views - Created 08/11/2016

08/11/2016

Posted by:
Hguardiola

Hguardiola Avatar

Hi. I've just purchased an ADC PI Plus, I've followed the adc getting started and installed the libraries, and when I try to run the demo-acs712-30.py example, it returns to me the followin error:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/pi/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/ADCPi/demo-acs712-30.py", line 26, in adc = ADCPi(bus, 0x68, 0x69, 12) File "/home/pi/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/ADCPi/ABE_ADCPi.py", line 106, in __init__ self.set_bit_rate(rate) File "/home/pi/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/ADCPi/ABE_ADCPi.py", line 262, in set_bit_rate self._bus.write_byte(self.__address2, self.__config2)IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output errorTraceback (most recent call last): can you help me to solve it?? Thanks.

08/11/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

IOError: [Errno 5] is normally caused by problems communicating with the ADC Pi over the I2C bus. Try going through our I2C tutorial to make sure the I2C bus is correctly set up and then run the command

sudo i2cdetect -y 1

It should return a grid with numbers showing each of the available I2C devices on the bus. The ADC Pi should show up on 0x68 and 0x69.

If they do not appear then there may be a problem with the connection between the ADC Pi board and the Raspberry Pi so check all of the solder joints on the 40-pin header and the address select header to make sure there are no bridges or dry joints.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.