12th Anniversary Sale 12% Off in July & August with the voucher code "SUMMER12" *excludes trade customers
Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

How to modify DS1307 RTC to use 3.3V for Raspberry Pi?

The RTC Pi is a Real-time clock for the Raspberry Pi

29/11/2016

Posted by:
yumi

yumi Avatar

I bought DS1307 RTC but it is 5V so it can't be connected to the Pi. I know it can be modified to use 3.3V by removing 2 resistors. This sensor is different than the adafruit kit so I am not sure which resistors to remove. It also has 2 sets of pins. What are the extra pins for and which should I use and which pins do I remove?Here is the image of the RTC:forum imageHere's the datasheet for the DS1307 RTC.

29/11/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Without a schematic for the RTC module, it is difficult to know which resistors need to be removed.

On our RTC Pi boards, we use a mosfet-based level shifter to convert the 5V I2C bus on the DS1307 to 3.3V on the Raspberry Pi.

03/06/2020

Posted by:
meihao

meihao Avatar

I happened to see your post, I find DS1307 on Jotrin Electronics Limited, for your question about: What are the extra pins for and which should I use and which pins do I remove? I think maybe you can turn to their engineers

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.