Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

How to modify DS1307 RTC to use 3.3V for Raspberry Pi?

4418 Views - Created 29/11/2016

29/11/2016

Posted by:
yumi

yumi Avatar

I bought DS1307 RTC but it is 5V so it can't be connected to the Pi. I know it can be modified to use 3.3V by removing 2 resistors. This sensor is different than the adafruit kit so I am not sure which resistors to remove. It also has 2 sets of pins. What are the extra pins for and which should I use and which pins do I remove?Here is the image of the RTC:forum imageHere's the datasheet for the DS1307 RTC.

29/11/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Without a schematic for the RTC module, it is difficult to know which resistors need to be removed.

On our RTC Pi boards, we use a mosfet-based level shifter to convert the 5V I2C bus on the DS1307 to 3.3V on the Raspberry Pi.

03/06/2020

Posted by:
meihao

meihao Avatar

I happened to see your post, I find DS1307 on Jotrin Electronics Limited, for your question about: What are the extra pins for and which should I use and which pins do I remove? I think maybe you can turn to their engineers

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.