12th Anniversary Sale 12% Off in July & August with the voucher code "SUMMER12" *excludes trade customers
Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

IO Pi Plus Node.js library and samples

The IO Pi Plus is a 32 channel MCP23017 GPIO expander for the Raspberry Pi

20/07/2017

Posted by:
daocircle

daocircle Avatar

Hi, I just bought 4 of IOPi plus board to control 4 x 32 = 128 GPIO ports for a single Raspberry Pi 3 (model B) board. I see a simple Python example controlling a single LED here : https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/kb/article/17/io-pi-tutorial-1---the-blinking-led But what I need is Node.js Library and sample apps controlling at least either 2 chips on the same board or 2 IOPi boards (may be one LED on each board). I believe you can have total 8 IC chip address (0x20 ... 0x27) with 4 boards.In other words, I'm looking for Node.js libarary + sample which is equivalent of the same from the above link. bus = IOPi(0x21)Any Node.js library developed for this IOPi board? If not, what Node.js I2C library is recommended for this MCP23017 multiplexer based I2C control? (either read or write). ThanksSteve

20/07/2017

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hello SteveWe have a Node.js library available for the IO Pi Plus. You can download it from our Node.js GitHub repository. There are several example files showing how to read and write to an IO Pi in the /examples/iopi/ folderNode.js IO Pi Plus examples.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.