Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

Error adding GPIO pins

2377 Views - Created 22/04/2016

22/04/2016

Posted by:
teka

teka Avatar

Hello,I have been trying to add additional GPIO pins using IO Pi plus. However when I followed the tutorial 1 ,File "/home/pi/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/IOPi/ABE_IoPi.py", line 100, in __init__ self._bus.write_byte_data(self.address, self.IOCON, self.config)IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output errorI get this error.I also have a doubt. It was mentioned that the pi plus ca be separately powered. Hence I have isolated the two pins from pi.And I have powered externally the 5V and GND pin. Can you please let me know where the error is ?

22/04/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

The Input/Output error normally means that the Raspberry Pi is having problems communicating with the IO Pi over the I2C bus. Have you tried running the tutorial or demo scripts with the IO Pi powered by the Raspberry Pi instead of an external supply? If you still get the error then it is probably a problem with the I2C configuration in which case it may be worth going through each step in our I2C tutorial to make sure the I2C port is set up correctly.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.