Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

Orangepi pc plus

1678 Views - Created 14/03/2018

14/03/2018

Posted by:
hsarman

hsarman Avatar

Hi, i already activated I2c as your instructions suggested and try out orange pi pc plus with IoPi plus. it is not communicating.. same board is working with a raspberry but i cant make it work with orange pi. do you have any extra suggestions to make it work ?

14/03/2018

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

I haven't tried the IO Pi on the Orange Pi PC Plus, only the Orange Pi, Orange Pi One and Orange Pi Plus but there shouldn't be any reason why it is not compatible as the GPIO header is the same on the PC Plus model.

Can you try running the command "sudo i2cdetect -y 0" and see if the IO Pi appears on the bus? It should show up on 0x20 and 0x21. If it is not there then there is probably a problem with the I2C configuration and it may be worth posting a question on the orange pi forum to see if there are any additional steps needed on the PC Plus model.

If it does show up then it could be an issue with our IO Pi libraries not looking at the correct I2C port. If you are using our IO Pi python library then you may need to make a small modification to the IOPi.py file as by default it looks for the IO Pi on the I2C port 1 which is what the Raspberry Pi uses whereas the Orange Pi models use I2C 0.

On line 137 in the __get_smbus() function you will need to change "i2c__bus = 1" to be "i2c__bus = 0". That should make it look for the IO Pi on the correct I2C bus and hopefully solve your problem.

15/03/2018

Posted by:
hsarman

hsarman Avatar

Thx that solved the problem of communication.

i added this code to the line 144

elif device == "orangepipcplus":  
            i2c__bus = 0

15/03/2018

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

I'm glad you managed to get the IO Pi working. I have added your code to our Python libraries so they should work with the Orange Pi PC Plus without needing any modifications.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.