Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

[Errno 2] No such file or directory

3980 Views - Created 13/12/2016

13/12/2016

Posted by:
Vincent P

Vincent P Avatar

Hello,I have a problem with the ADC DAC pi. When I try the example that is given on the website (demo-dacwrite.py), or when I use the command: from ABE_ADCDACPi import ADCDACPi, I have the following answer:Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/pi/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/ADCDACPi/demo-dacwrite.py", line 3, in <module> from ABE_ADCDACPi import ADCDACPi File "/home/pi/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/ADCDACPi/ABE_ADCDACPi.py", line 48, in <module> class ADCDACPi: File "/home/pi/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/ADCDACPi/ABE_ADCDACPi.py", line 55, in ADCDACPi spiADC.open(0, 0)FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directorySomeone can help me?

13/12/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hello

When you run the demo-dacwrite.py make sure the ABE_ADCDACPi.py library is in the same folder. Another possible cause for the error could be the library is having trouble communicating with the SPI bus. Try going through our SPI tutorial to make sure the SPI bus is installed correctly on the Raspberry Pi.

14/12/2016

Posted by:
Vincent P

Vincent P Avatar

Thank you for the answer. The SPI bus was not installed correctly

20/02/2020

Posted by:
paulmark

paulmark Avatar

Quote from Vincent P
)FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directorySomeone can help me?

To get rid of this error you can try using Python file exists methods to check that at least python sees the file exists or not. In other words, you can make sure that the user has indeed typed a correct path for a real existing file. If the user does not pass the full path to the file, the path is interpreted relatively to the current working directory. The current working directory usually is the directory in which you started the program.

15/03/2020

Posted by:
Saqib1066

Saqib1066 Avatar

i have been getting the errno2 on my raspberry pi aswell i was following this tutroial.

https://maker.pro/raspberry-pi/projects/raspberry-pi-noticeboard-using-7-touchscreen-display

can someone help me

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\user\Documents\hi.py", line 305, in <module>
window.resize_icons()
File "C:\Users\user\Documents\hi.py", line 284, in resize_icons
fp = open(original_path)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\user\\Documents\\RaspberryPi-Noticeboard-master\\WeatherIconsclear-day.png'

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.