The Forum

Prototyping area

873 Views - Created 15/08/2020

15/08/2020

Posted by:
GreeningMe

GreeningMe Avatar

GreeningMe Facebook  GreeningMe Website  

I'm just looking at the prototyping area to the side of the board with the array of plated-through holes.

Some of the pictures on the website show some of these holes marked as 5V, 3.3V or ground.

I'm just looking to confirm that none of these holes are in fact connected to anything else internally.

I assume that the intent is that adjacent holes are bridged by solder to interconnect components.

(I'm looking to buffer a DAC output via an op amp to sink a 63 mW load via the header).

15/08/2020

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

The only holes connected to the GPIO pins are the 3.3V, 5V and ground holes which are inside the white boxes. All of the other holes are unconnected and can be bridged together with solder or wire wrap.

On the 1.0 version of the board, all of the holes on the grid area were unconnected but on the 1.1 version which we recently released, we added the 3.3V, 5V and ground holes based on feedback from our customers. The version number for your ADC DAC Pi board should be printed on the back.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.