12th Anniversary Sale 12% Off in July & August with the voucher code "SUMMER12" *excludes trade customers
Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

Configuring ADCDCA lib to python path

The ADC Pi is an Analogue to Digital converter for the Raspberry Pi

15/05/2017

Posted by:
mingweiyang

mingweiyang Avatar

Hi All,I followed the instruction in the website here: https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/kb/article/15/adcdac-pi-with-python I tried it in Raspberry Pi model 3 B and ADC DAC Pi Zero. However, I found that after the command "export PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:~/Desktop/ABElectronics_Python_Libraries/ADCDACPi/", I'm able to use the lib in terminal. However, I can't use it in python IDLE. After reboot, even termial way can't work. I got the error: from ABE_ADCDACPi import ADCDACPiImportError: No module named ABE_ADCDACPiI guess it's the python path problem. I tried sudo su to run expert command in admin account. It doesn't work. How can I put the lib in my pathon path permanently and be able to use it in IDLE? Could anyone help me on this problem?

16/05/2017

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

To make the pythonpath work after a reboot you will need to put it in the ~/.bashrc file.

We have a tutorial in our knowledge base that explains how to get the python path working.

Using Pythonpath with the Python Libraries

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.