Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

"ADC Pi" vs. "ADC Pi Plus"

2263 Views - Created 17/03/2017

17/03/2017

Posted by:
oriolsierra

oriolsierra Avatar

I have an "ADC Pi" (8 channel v 2.2) purchased a couple of years ago. I am looking for a technical datasheet and support page in order to use it with my Raspberry Pi (Model B).

I don't understand what are the differences between models "ADC Pi" and "ADC Pi plus". Can I consider the documents available on the website for "ADC Pi Plus" as good for "ADC Pi"??

I am not very familiar with ADCs, and I am starting my learning curve. Any help/direction would be appreciated. I am intending to use an analogue temperature sensor with my Raspberry Pi and integrate it through my "ADC Pi" card.

17/03/2017

Posted by:
oriolsierra

oriolsierra Avatar

Well... I finally found the page for "Legacy products" on the website... I will start from here.

:)

https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/kb/article/1044/adc-pi

17/03/2017

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

The ADC Pi and ADC Pi plus both share the same electrical schematic. The only difference is the ADC Pi Plus was designed to fit on the newer Hat-style mechanical layout with four mounting posts whereas the older ADC Pi was designed to fit on the original 26-pin GPIO header with a single mounting post.

We have several articles for the ADC Pi in our knowledge base including one on using a TMP36 analogue temperature sensor which you may find useful.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.