12th Anniversary Sale 12% Off in July & August with the voucher code "SUMMER12" *excludes trade customers
Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

iopipin

The IO Pi Plus is a 32 channel MCP23017 GPIO expander for the Raspberry Pi

05/08/2021

Posted by:
pereltje

pereltje Avatar

pereltje Website  

Hi folks :)

I am new here and have 3 IOPi Plus boards in use. Sofar i have not come across an issue i could not resolve myself.

This post is therefor not a question, but to make the community aware of 'iopipin', a small program i wrote that may be usefull to other users of these boards and this forum seems like the place where those users come ;) I placed iopipin under a GPL licence as i beleive in open source. Open source has been kind to me and i like to pay it forward as well.

iopipin is designed to be a back-end utility program for direct pin operations (set to input either with or without pullup, set to output, write to and read from pins) and exits with different exit codes depending on the compiled in defines and arguments from the command line. It has the ability to 'reserve' pins. These pins are blocked from operating on. In my use case, there are 2 pins on one board in use by the OS to handle its own power supply

It can be used from the command line, in shell scripts and in other programming languages that can execute shell commands.

If there is any interest and it is ok to post external links to software here, i will do so in a later post in this thread

kind regards,

Fenna

06/08/2021

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi Fenna

You are welcome to post a link to your software. I am always interested in seeing how our expansion boards are being used and I am sure other people will find your software useful.

06/08/2021

Posted by:
pereltje

pereltje Avatar

pereltje Website  

Hi Andrew, thanks :)

the webpage with the latest itteration of iopipin: www.pereltje.nl/index.php/rpi-software/iopipin

More details on my project will appear in the community projects section. Particularly how i handle the RPi power supply with two IOPi Plus pins may be of interrest.

kind regards,

Fenna

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.