Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

IOError: [Errno 5] Input/ouput error

2125 Views - Created 05/01/2017

05/01/2017

Posted by:
kevin

kevin Avatar

Hello, I got the following problem:File "/my/path/ABE_IoPi.py", line 100, in __init__ self._bus.write_byte_data(self.address, self.IOCON, self.config) I went trough this https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/kb/article/1/i2c--smbus-and-raspbian-linux tutorial multiple times, but it stil doesn't work. Can you please help me? Thank YouKevin

05/01/2017

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hello Kevin

Can you try running the command

sudo i2cdetect -y 1

This should display a list of i2c devices on the bus. If the IO Pi is connected correctly you should see two devices listed on addresses 0x20 and 0x21. If the two addresses are appearing then it is probably a software configuration problem in which case it may be worth setting up a fresh install of raspbian Linux on a spare SD card and going through the I2C tutorial again on the fresh version to check that there isn't an issue with your current Linux install.

If you don't see any devices listed then can you try measuring the 5V and GND pins on the IO Pi next to the power jumper to make sure the power is getting to the board?

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.