Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

IO Pi Plus and Servo PWM Pi Zero with NodeJS

3420 Views - Created 15/10/2016

15/10/2016

Posted by:
yann

yann Avatar

Hi,My project is a Dimmable LED Lighting System for a reef aquarium.I'm using a Raspberry 3, a IO Pi Plus and a Servo PWM Pi Zero and temperature sensors.My program is quite simple :- I'm dimming LED in regards of the time, 09:00am = 0% / 12:00pm = 100% / 9:00pm = 0%=> it works fine with my dimmer plugged on the "Servo PWM Pi Zero" using NodeJS library- if the LED temperature is more than 30° (for example) I need to switch on a 12v Fan=> it works fine with a relay pin plugged in the IO Pi Plus using NodeJS libraryMy problem is using this 2 cards togother, there is a bug or something I made wrong in my code because I have 2 problem :1) when I'm dimming PWM, it's turning on/off my relay ! How it's possible ?2) when I write on a pin of the IO Pi Plus, my relay doesn't turn on/offI have made lot of tests, If I use only IO Pi Plus, I can manage my relay, If I use only Servo PWM Pi Zero i can dimme my LED, but If I want to use both card, it doesn't work ! It seems like a bus conflict.Here is a part of my code :-------var iopi = require('../nodeJS/ABElectronics_NodeJS_Libraries/lib/iopi/iopi');var bus1 = new IoPi(0x20);bus1.setPortDirection(0, 0x00);var servopi = require('../nodeJS/ABElectronics_NodeJS_Libraries/lib/servopi/servopi');var pwm = new ServoPi(0x40);pwm.setPWMFrequency(1000);pwm.outputEnable();....bus1.writePin(num, state);....pwm.setPWM(num-1, 0, pwm_bright); //pin n°num (pwm 0-15 = pin 1-16)-------RegardsYann

16/10/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi Yann

Sorry, there was a bug with the Node.js libraries that caused it to use the wrong I2C address when you tried using different libraries at the same time. I have updated the Servo Pi and IO Pi libraries on GitHub with a new version that should be working correctly.

https://github.com/abelectronicsuk/ABElectronics_NodeJS_Libraries

17/10/2016

Posted by:
yann

yann Avatar

THANKS Andrew !

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.