Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

Using the provided Win10 IoT libraries in C++/CX UWP app?

2658 Views - Created 17/08/2016

17/08/2016

Posted by:
mmccullo

mmccullo Avatar

I can't seem to find a way to integrate the provided C# class library into a UWP C++/CX app. Is there a way to do this?I tried including the project in my solution and then referencing it in my C++/CX app, but it fails to find the ABElectronics_Win10IOT_Libraries namespace when compiling the C++/CX code.Thanks

18/08/2016

Posted by:
mmccullo

mmccullo Avatar

After further review it appears I have to change the output type of the project to "Windows Runtime Component" instead of "Class Library".Then it requires some code changes such as no "Task" return type and I couldn't quickly figure out how to make the "Connected" event compatible -- so I deleted it. However, with those deletions it linked with my C++/CX code using nothing but a reference to the project.EDIT: At runtime it crashes and burns with a null activation factory (3rd argument) to GetActivationFactoryByPCWSTR() when you try to create a new port with "ref new IOPi()". I could not figure out how to make it work at this time.Perhaps consider making modifications to the libraries to allow linking with C++/CX code. Microsoft provides several of the Win10 IoT examples in both C# and C++/CX languages.

18/08/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

I don't have any experience with writing Windows C++/CX applications so I will need to do some research but I will see if it is possible to make the Windows IOT libraries compatible.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.