Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

1-wire plus is not being seen with i2cdetect

2408 Views - Created 12/11/2016

12/11/2016

Posted by:
tfrohling

tfrohling Avatar

Trying to use the 1-wire plus adapter but it's not being seen. I've followed all the instructions for adding the device modules to the various configs. The device is created. I'm using the latest raspbian build.root@scoring:/etc# uname -aLinux solarwater 4.4.26-v7+ #915 SMP Thu Oct 20 17:08:44 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linuxroot@scoring:/etc# ls -l /dev/*i2c*crw-rw---- 1 root i2c 89, 1 Nov 11 19:33 /dev/i2c-1In another lookup of this problem it was suggested to remove the module and add it again,root@scoring:/etc# lsmod | grep i2ci2c_dev 5859 0i2c_bcm2708 4834 0root@scoring:/etc# rmmod i2c_bcm2708; modprobe i2c_bcm2708root@scoring:/etc# i2cdetect -y 1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Is it possible there is a kernel problem?thanks for any help.ted

12/11/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi TedHave you tried going through our tutorial for setting up the I2C port? It may be worth checking the 5V and GND pins on the front corner of the 1 Wire board with a multimeter to make sure there is voltage getting to the circuit.

13/11/2016

Posted by:
tfrohling

tfrohling Avatar

I did follow all the steps in the tutorial. Voltage is 1 V. So I got a problem there. Thanks for the diagnosing of this. Interesting that I have the problem with two different Pi 2+ and two different 1-wire plus boards.

13/11/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Only showing 1V on the 5V pin is interesting, it should have the same voltage as the 5V pin on the Raspberry Pi. Have you soldered the power jumper onto the 1 Wire board? It should go in the position shown in the photo below.

forum image

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.