12th Anniversary Sale 12% Off in July & August with the voucher code "SUMMER12" *excludes trade customers
Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

Remote i/o error

The ADC Pi is an Analogue to Digital converter for the Raspberry Pi

12/04/2023

Posted by:
FraserKemp

FraserKemp Avatar

Hi,

i am trying to use an 8 channel adc for a university project. I have been unable to get the raspberry pi (3b+) to see the adc hat. When i check the i2c busses (0, 1 and 2) i am not seeing anything that resembles the i2c addresses i have set (i have used the default ones 0x68 and 0x69). I am using a lipo battery hat and a 5 inch touch screen.

when i try to do i2c detect on bus 0 and 1 i get no addresses but bus 2 has 3 adddresses but none match (5f range).

when i try to run the library i get a remote i/o error and self bit rate and self address error highlighted. I have tried with a fresh install of the latest os with no luck.

12/04/2023

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

Have you enabled the I2C bus on your Raspberry Pi?  We have a tutorial for enabling I2C on the Raspberry Pi, which goes through the necessary steps to use the I2C bus.

The ADC Pi should appear on I2C bus 1.  You can check the bus using "sudo i2cdetect -y 1".

If the ADC Pi does not appear after enabling the I2C bus, try removing the touch screen and battery hat in case they are causing a hardware conflict.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.