The Forum

Remote i/o error

1880 Views - Created 12/04/2023

12/04/2023

Posted by:
FraserKemp

FraserKemp Avatar

Hi,

i am trying to use an 8 channel adc for a university project. I have been unable to get the raspberry pi (3b+) to see the adc hat. When i check the i2c busses (0, 1 and 2) i am not seeing anything that resembles the i2c addresses i have set (i have used the default ones 0x68 and 0x69). I am using a lipo battery hat and a 5 inch touch screen.

when i try to do i2c detect on bus 0 and 1 i get no addresses but bus 2 has 3 adddresses but none match (5f range).

when i try to run the library i get a remote i/o error and self bit rate and self address error highlighted. I have tried with a fresh install of the latest os with no luck.

12/04/2023

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

Have you enabled the I2C bus on your Raspberry Pi?  We have a tutorial at https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/kb/article/1/i2c-part-2---enabling-i-c-on-the-raspberry-pi, which goes through the necessary steps to use the I2C bus.

The ADC Pi should appear on I2C bus 1.  You can check the bus using "sudo i2cdetect -y 1".

If the ADC Pi does not appear after enabling the I2C bus, try removing the touch screen and battery hat in case they are causing a hardware conflict.

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.