Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

Getting a different sensor ID with 1 wire plus

5720 Views - Created 29/09/2016

29/09/2016

Posted by:
sam

sam Avatar

I am using the 1 wire pi plus board to connect DS18B20 sensor to pi. I have followed the instructions to Install OWFS and Python-OW from your website and made the connections as belowOW is connected to VDD from sensor to 5V on the boardGND from sensor to GND on the boardDQ from sensor to OW on the boardI am reading temperature and the sensor ID is 28.FF10B7A11504But when I connect the same sensor and read the sensor ID using W1-GPIO and W1-therm I get 28-0415a1b710ffThe DS18B20 sensor is supposed to have a unique ID then why I am getting two different sensor ID?Is my connection Correct?Thanks

29/09/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

HiYour connection between the DS18B20 and the 1 Wire Pi Plus is correct. I am not sure why the ID is showing differently on python-ow and W1-GPIO, it could possibly be that the two libraries interperate the ID in a different way. If you can read the ID and temperature using the 1 Wire Pi Plus then the sensor is working correctly.

19/10/2016

Posted by:
sam

sam Avatar

Quote from andrewHiYour connection between the DS18B20 and the 1 Wire Pi Plus is correct. I am not sure why the ID is showing differently on python-ow and W1-GPIO, it could possibly be that the two libraries interperate the ID in a different way. If you can read the ID and temperature using the 1 Wire Pi Plus then the sensor is working correctly.Thanks. I want to connect 25nos DS18B20 sensors to 1 Wire Pi Plus. The total distance is 50m.what type of cable should be used, Cat5? I found the following explanation on wire connection "data & ground using one twisted pair and power & ground using a second twisted pair." is this correct?

19/10/2016

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Cat 5 cable should work fine for connecting your sensors using the way you described.

04/11/2016

Posted by:
RockyFath

RockyFath Avatar

Hi..i am a new suer here. I am also not getting why the ID is showing differently on python-ow and W1-GPIO, it could possibly be that the two libraries interperate the ID in a different way. If you can read the ID and temperature using the 1 Wire Pi Plus then the sensor is working correctly.pcb assembly shenzhen

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.