Support Forum

Share your projects and post your questions

Register   or   Sign In
The Forum

5V port that can be isolated from the Raspberry Pi via an isolation solder jumper

2216 Views - Created 29/10/2017

29/10/2017

Posted by:
kyPi2017

kyPi2017 Avatar

Hi,

I have 2 IO Pi plus (and 2 ADC Pi + 2 Servo + RTC + Serial) that all need to be connected to the PI

in this product page: https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/p/54/IO-Pi-Plus
Use of an external supply is recommended if you plan on connecting more than one IO Pi Plus to your Raspberry Pi.

The IO Pi includes a 5V port that can be isolated from the Raspberry Pi via an isolation solder jumper so you can use a separate high current power supply to power the IO Pi reducing the load on the Raspberry Pi. Use of an external supply is recommended if you plan on connecting more than one IO Pi Plus to your Raspberry Pi.  The 5V input is compatible with our 5mm screw terminals.

great, now i try to understand where is this "isolation solder jumper" on the board, i try to find more information on the documentaion but found nothing, sorry.
also not here:
https://www.abelectronics.co.uk/docs/pdf/IOPiPlus-mechanical.pdf

the only thing i see is that on the board there is "Link" jumper that already soldered (between the 40 pin and the 20 pin of Bus1.
is that the jumper that by default soldered and need to be removed before connecting external 5V ?

Thanks,

29/10/2017

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hi

The power jumper is the solder bridge marked Link. To remove the link you just need to heat the solder bridge with a soldering iron and swipe sideways which should cause the bridge to break apart and form two separate solder blobs. A vacuum sucker or desoldering braid will also work for removing the bridge.

29/10/2017

Posted by:
kyPi2017

kyPi2017 Avatar

andrew,

its really amazing you answer quickly for questions in forum.

I will be happy to buy more products in the future. I'm doing small steps to understand how to use the boards and the python library, so i'm reading all documentaion and code examples, really good website and service !

p.s. i notice that under "Assembly" the "Link" is mention, sorry, didnt see that before

Thanks !!!

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.