The Forum

Pi 3B+ not detecting ADC Pi

1112 Views - Created 03/02/2020

03/02/2020

Posted by:
meyerga00

meyerga00 Avatar

Hello,

I have just recieved and installed an ADC Pi board in mt Raspberry Pi3b+. The problem I'm having is using the i2cdetect -y 1 command the ADC Pi does not show up, A Servo Pi board installed in the Raspberry Pi does however show up at address 0x40. I have removed the ADC Pi board and double checked the solder joints using a magnifing glass and all looks good, no dry joints and no solder bridges. I have also shorted the 5 volt and ground connections using a resistor and reinstalled the board with no change. Initially I had the address of the ADC Pi jumpered to 0x68 and 0x69. I have also removed the board and rejumpered the address to 0x6A and 0x6B, again shorted the 5 volt to ground and reinstalled the board with no resolution of the problem. I then repeted the rejumpering process using address 0x6C and 0x6D again with no joy.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Greg

03/02/2020

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hello Greg

You have tried all of the steps we normally recommend to get an ADC Pi working so it looks like you have received a faulty board. I will send you a replacement tomorrow. Would you like us to send it to the same address as your previous order?

04/02/2020

Posted by:
meyerga00

meyerga00 Avatar

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply. Same address would be perfect. Do you want the old board back?

Cheers,

Greg

04/02/2020

Posted by:
andrew

andrew Avatar

andrew Twitter  andrew Website  

Hello Greg

I have posted a replacement ADC Pi, hopefully, it should be with you in a couple of days. You do not need to return the old board.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

04/02/2020

Posted by:
meyerga00

meyerga00 Avatar

Hi Andrew,

Thanks, your a star!

Cheers,

Greg

Sign in to post your reply

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view.
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reading software for your computer or mobile device.